Dredging/ Debris Concerns/ Water Levels/ WRPs: Rob@foxwaterway.com
Sticker/ Board Questions/ General Field Questions: Kris@foxwaterway.com
Sticker/ Epay Questions/ Social Media Feedback: Erin@foxwaterway.com
Bills/ FOIA Requests: Kathy@foxwaterway.com
Executive Director: Joe@foxwaterway.com
All Other Questions: Info@foxwaterway.com
Call us at 847-587-8540
WE ARE HIRING
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
We are currently hiring a Customer Service Representative who will be a front-line employee, and representative of the Fox Waterway Agency. The Fox Waterway Agency services the Chain O’Lakes and Fox River community in many ways. You will work with customers in person, over the phone, and via email, providing our customers with waterway stickers, answering questions and providing helpful information.
Our ideal candidate for this position is someone who is outgoing, confident, empathetic, professional, and eager to learn. Patience, ability to let go, adaptability, great listening skills, and a positive attitude are all a must for this position.
This is a full-time position with the potential to become permanent.
- Handle a high volume of customer visits and calls, especially during peak season which is May thru August
- Process customer payments with accuracy and attention to detail
- Daily Data Entry in a timely and precise manner
- Assist customers in completing user fee applications and purchasing the appropriate watercraft stickers, along with maintaining records
- Answer questions about the user fee program and general waterway related topics, while educating customers about available waterway resources
- Stay informed of water level status changes, customer related concerns, and agency policies
- Handle straight forward customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner, referring more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Deliver excellent customer service in challenging circumstances
- Provide Agency administrative support and perform other duties as assigned
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, Bilingual English/Spanish or Polish speaking is a plus
- Strong Data Entry experience
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, and Email usage
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, copier, calculator, scanner, and others.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage tasks effectively
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A strong sense of professionalism and discretion required
This position will require you to pass a background check, along with drug & alcohol screening.
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 / hour
Weekdays 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Potential Saturday mornings during peak season
1+ years’ experience in Customer Service
Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off
If interested in this position, go to Indeed.com to submit your resume and answer a few applicant questions.
Search for Fox Waterway Agency – Customer Service Representative in Fox Lake, IL
Entry Level Waterway Maintainer
ENTRY LEVEL WATERWAY MAINTAINER
General labor position to complete various assigned tasks including, but not limited to,
cutting grass, sweeping, shoveling, cleaning, driving a boat, picking up debris, installing and removing buoys, light-duty boat maintenance, driving-light duty work trucks, operating skid steer etc. Obtaining a CDL will be required. A willingness to jump in and learn from others and take direction. Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned. This position will be 40-50 hours per week and may convert to permanent status with full benefits after 120 days. Benefits after permanent status include, medical, dental, vision, pension, vacation days etc.
Rain days or in between dredging jobs you may not be working and get less than 40 hours per week.
High School or GED equivalent
Valid Driver’s license (CDL Class B w/airbrakes a plus)
Excavation experience, operating equipment a plus but not required
Minimum 18 years old
Boat experience required
Knowledge of the Chain O’ Lakes/ Fox River a plus
Must be able to lift 75 lbs
Clean driving record
Must be able to swim and not be afraid of water
Self-starter, Responsible, Team player, Punctual, Positive attitude
Needs to be able to follow instructions with a can-do attitude
Work under minimal supervision
Apply in person at the front office M-F 9 AM to 4 PM or submit resume to:
Fox Waterway Agency
45 S. Pistakee Lake Rd.
Fox Lake, IL 60020
847-587-8540 EXT 110 Office