General labor position to complete various assigned tasks including, but not limited to, cutting grass, sweeping, shoveling, cleaning, driving a boat, picking up debris, installing and removing buoys, light-duty boat maintenance, driving-light duty work trucks, operating skid steer etc. Obtaining a CDL will be required. A willingness to jump in and learn from others and take direction. Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned. This position will be 40-50 hours per week and may convert to permanent status with full benefits after 120 days. Benefits after permanent status include, medical, dental, vision, pension, vacation days etc. Rain days or in between dredging jobs you may not be working and get less than 40 hours per week.
Rain days or in between dredging jobs you may not be working and get less than 40 hours per week.
- High School or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license (CDL Class B w/airbrakes a plus)
- Excavation experience, operating equipment a plus but not required
- Minimum 18 years old
- Boat experience required
- Knowledge of the Chain O’ Lakes/ Fox River a plus
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- Clean driving record
- Drug free
- Must be able to swim and not be afraid of water
- Self-starter, Responsible, Team player, Punctual, Positive attitude
- Needs to be able to follow instructions with a can-do attitude
- Work under minimal supervision
Application is available on our website www.foxwaterway.com or you can apply in person at the front office M-F 9AM to 4PMM or submit resume to:
Fox Waterway Agency
45 S. Pistakee Lake Rd.
Fox Lake, IL 60020