ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
PART 1 GENERAL
- Receipt of Bids
- Sealed proposals will be received by the Fox Waterway Agency for the project entitled – Foundation Modification until 2:00 pm on Friday February 3, 2017 at the 45 South Pistakee Lake Road, Fox Lake, IL 60020. The sealed bids will be publicly opened and read aloud immediately afterwards in the 45 South Pistakee Lake Road, Fox Lake, IL 60020, on the same date. Sealed bids shall be addressed to the Fox Waterway Agency, 45 South Pistakee Lake Road, Fox Lake, IL 60020 and shall be labeled “Bid for – Foundation Modification.”
- Any contract or contracts awarded under this invitation for bids are expected to be funded in part by funds from FEMA. The procurement will be subject to regulations contained in the Davis-Bacon Act (40 USC 276a through 276a-5) as defined by the United States Department of Labor, and the Employment of Illinois Workers on Public Works Act (30 ILCS 570). Bidders are also required to comply with the President’s Executive Order No. 11246, as amended. The requirements for bidders and contractors under this order are explained in 41 CFR 60-4. In addition, this procurement is subject to the “Use of American Iron and Steel” requirements as contained in Section 436 (a) – (f) of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014.
- Work Description
- The proposed improvement consists primarily of the following: installing 30 helical piles, constructing 28 12-inch concrete pier encasements, underpinning the existing building foundation, completing foundation repairs with epoxy and grout, installing galvanized W12x40 steel beams, installing beam splices, installing slab extensions, installing 2-inch 16 gauge galvanized steel decking with a four (4) inch concrete floor, and all other work required to construct a new above grade concrete office floor area of approximately 3,400 square feet per the plans and specifications. The office floor area is located inside the existing building and the contractor must schedule/coordinate his work with other subcontractors and the FWA staff.
- Document Inspection and Procurements
- The Contract Documents may be inspected and purchased at the following locations.
- Fox Waterway Agency
45 South Pistakee Lake Road
Fox Lake, IL 60020
Phone number 847-587-8540
Payment for Contract Documents is non–refundable and shall be payable to Fox Waterway Agency in the form of cash, certified check or money order. No partial sets of specifications or drawings will be issued. The non–refundable cost for plans and specifications is $50.00. Addenda will be issued only to plan holders.
- Each bid shall be accompanied by a bid bond, bank draft, cashier’s check or certified check payable to the order of the Fox Waterway Agency, Fox Lake, Illinois, in an amount not less than ten (10) percent of the amount of the bid, as a guaranty that the bidder will execute the contract, if it is awarded, in conformity with the bid form.
- The successful bidder will be required to furnish Performance and Payment Bonds on forms provided in the Specifications and Contract Documents, each in an amount equal to 100 percent of the contract price.
- Access to the Site
- Contractors can get access to the site to review existing conditions inside the building by contacting the Fox Waterway Agency and scheduling a site inspection with Joe Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 847-587-8540.
- Wage Rates
- The contractor shall pay prevailing wages in accordance with the Davis-Bacon Act (40 USC 276a through 276a-5) as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor, Local Ordinance and the Illinois Department of Labor Prevailing Wages for Lake and McHenry County, whichever is greater.
- Rejection of Bids
- The Owner expressly reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to accept the one, which appears to be in the best interest of the Owner. The Owner expressly reserves the right to waive any informalities or technical irregularities in a bid if to do so is in the best interest of the Owner.
- Award of Bid
- Final award of bid shall be contingent on the Fox Waterway Agency Board approving the bid.
Fox Waterway Agency, Fox Lake, Illinois
Joseph S. Keller